Installing Compass in CentOS 6.5 – 7
Compass is an open-source CSS Authoring Framework. But installing compass on CentOS server is not straightforward. This can be simplified by using some commands which are not directly available in the documentation.
To easily set up compass on CentOS machine, follow these steps. These steps are tested for CentOS 6.5 and CentOS 7.
- Install ruby: sudo yum install ruby
- Update gem: gem update –system
- Install compass: gem install compass. If this command fails to install basic dependencies and some ruby dependencies, then follow next steps:
- Install json or json pure: gem install json_pure
- Install one ruby dependency for CentOS: sudo yum install ruby-devel
- Install CentOS specific compiler and ruby gems: sudo yum -y install gcc rubygems
- Again update the gem: gem update –system
- Install compass from 3rd step: gem install compass
About CauseCode: We are a technology company specializing in Healthtech related Web and Mobile application development. We collaborate with passionate companies looking to change health and wellness tech for good. If you are a startup, enterprise or generally interested in digital health, we would love to hear from you! Let's connect at firstname.lastname@example.org